Thursday, August 11, 2016

[2016.08.12] SEAN LAU NEEDS REST BEFORE SHOWING OFF HIS "WHIP" AGAIN AT AGE 70

courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of on.cc

The film CALL OF HEROES (NGAI SING) charity premiere took place two nights ago. Director Benny Chan Muk Sing led actors Sean Lau Ching Wan, Louis Koo Tin Lok, Eddie Peng Yu-Yan, Yolanda Yuan Quan, Liu Kai Chi, Philip Keung HO Man and Shi Yanneng in attendance. Universe boss Daneil Lam Siu Ming, Emperor boss Albert Yeung Sau Sing and his wife, Jacqueline Chong Si Ma and Lisa Ch'ng Si Ming. With a whip as his weapon in the film, Ching Wan joked, "Promoting this film has been very strange, every time someone would ask me about my whip and how powerful it is!"

Ching Wan, Goo Jai and Peng Yu-Yan all said that they have not yet seen the film. Was returning to action film again after so many years tough on Ching Wan? He said, "No, but in the short run I won't do it again. (Are you waiting until you get older?) Around 70 sounds about right. If I work on fight scenes again I would need time to train, because this time I spent a lot of time to practice with the whip. However it was a lot of fun."

Ching Wan said that in May he went to Xishuangbanna for the shoot. The temperature reached 37 to 38 degrees Celsius everyday, in comparison Hong Kong was not considered too hot. The team would also prepare medication to prevent heat stroke for him. After the promotion, he would take time off to rest. Would he be renovating his home? He said, "Even if I don't I still need time off. I personally like to take time off. (How is the renovation going?) Lately with all the storms and rain, it would progress smoother if the weather is better. (Is your wife in charge of the renovation?) We would talk about it."

Goo Jai said that because he used a pistol in the film, it was not too tough. His scene in the finale though was tougher. After making a few films in a row, Goo Jai next month would work on a Wilson Yip Wai Shun directed new film. He planned to take a short trip with his family before work would begin. "I haven't gone vacation with my family in 3 or 4 years. If time permits I can consider going longer. However I have to keep in mind the problem of long flight for the two elders, another problem of going to someplace I don't know. When we go to places I know they complain that I always go there. I have a lot to worry about. Originally I wanted to see animal migration, I even asked Ching Wan for all the information. However it had to be booked a year in advance so I can't go."

Ching wan was asked if Peng Yu-Yan listened to what he and Koo Tin Lok said. He joked that he was quite an individual. Peng Yu-Yan said that he was very happy to be able to work with actors he liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment