Tuesday, October 14, 2014

[2014.10.15] DONNIE YEN VISITS THE BBC WORLD NEWS

courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of on.cc

Charlie Yeung Choi Nei spoke with the TVB Entertainment News program Star Talk about her new film KUNG FU JUNGLE (YUT GOR YUN DIK MO LUM) and her life after marriage.

Charlie said that her new film character was more depressed, so emotionally it was more difficult. On the set she rarely spoke. KUNG was the film before her wedding. After almost a year since her wedding she still has not worked on any new film. She was giving up her career for her other half like in 1997? She clarified, "Back then I retreated because I wanted to try something that I haven't done at age 22, 23. I just happened to publicize my boyfriend when my contract just ended, so there was some misunderstanding. In addition after I retreated I didn't get married or retire, I only started a business. Yet this time after marriage I won't retreat. I am 40 this year, only at this stage in life I wanted to get married and it was time to travel the journey of life with my other hand, start a family and learn together. Actually after marriage I have received many scripts. Family has always been important. My husband knows that I like movies and he encourages me to continue to work."

Charlie now lives in Singapore. Every month she would return to Hong Kong to visit her family. "This year to us finally had the feeling of dating, before we were friends, then dating and starting a business together. We were both workaholics, and we were very busy. Then without the business we were separated in different places and could only encourage each other. Looking back we seemed to have missed the dating part. Now we cook, watch movies, dive, travel together, doing what people do when they date." Speaking of cooking, Charlie admitted that lately she constantly cooked. "I didn't have time to cook before, I rarely wanted to cook when I was by myself. Now with a family I start to become health conscious. I want a healthier diet for me and my husband. Now I really enjoy cooking because it can reduce stress and be quite a pleasure. (Has your husband complained about your cooking?) No! Haha!"

KUNG three nights ago held its premiere in London. The next day director Teddy Chan Tak Sum, Donnie Yen Chi Tan and Bai Bing spoke with media from Europe, America and Southeast Asia. Chi Tan even became the top "stamp collecting" target for the media. Later they went to the BBC building and entered the BBC headquarter for the first time for a live interview. They were very curious. Bai Bing was the most excited as she kept pulling the director and Yen Chi Tan for photos. During the live broadcast, Chan Tak Sum admitted that this time he hoped through the film to salute a group of Hong Kong kung fu film veterans; Chi Tan said that Chinese martial arts have already been developing for years and hopeful this time he would be able to spread this traditional culture of "martial art ethics".

No comments:

Post a Comment