Monday, October 13, 2014

[2014.10.14] VIC CHOU CARRIES MIRIAM YEUNG AROUND

Vic Chou treats carrying Miriam Yeung around like muscle training
Vic Chou acts with an octopus
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Hong Kong Film Award Best Actress Miriam Yeung Chin Wa and Taiwan Golden Bell Award Best Actor Vic Chou Yu Man starred in the Johnnie To Kei Fung new film DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART 2 (DAN SUN NAM NUI 2) and were swept into the Gao Yuanyuan, Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho) and Louis Koo Tin Lok's love triangle for a five sided relationship. On the day of the wedding interruption scene, Jai Jai carried the barefoot Chin Wa to the wedding. For multiple angles, they went back and forth over a decade times. At the time Chin Wa just had a baby a few months ago and was not in shape yet, so she was a serious burden on Jai Jai; however working with Chin Wa for the first time, he not only did not mind but also praised Chin Wa. "Sister Chin Wa is a top artist, I have many of her fans around me. This time we finally have the chance to work together. Seeing her in person, I am very honored." Chin Wai also praised Jai Jai as a very nice guy. She said, "After I had my child my weight hasn't returned to what it was before. He carried me and walked around many times. I thought that he ran a lifetime's worth on one day and carried a lifetime's worth of boulder!" Full of female star carrying experience, Jai Jai thanked the director for giving him the chance to work on his muscles while working on the film.

In the film Chin Wa was between the mild mannered and faithful Jai Jai and the wild wanderer Koo Tin Lok. Although the ending had to be confidential, in reality she joked that she had the experience before. "My own experience was wrong. When I grew up I would choose a simple person. For a lifetime, I don't need such many challenges. In the past I would choose Cheung Sun Yin (Koo Tin Lok) because he is very challenging, a relationship tug of war. When I was younger I was more ambitious! Now of course I would choose Jai Jai, a lifetime was very long. Simple is happiness, there is no need to cause so much trouble. Like Jai Jai said not every love has to be life and death."

As for the production, Jai Jai's deepest memory was when Chin Wa parked a car. He said, "Because Sister Chin Wa came back from France, when she parked she did it the French way. She rammed the car in front and behind her away with hers. She drove a Ferrari, which opened my eyes!" Chin Wa's deepest memory was her jumping into the sea due to what the director said despite not being able to swim. She said, "All of Hong Kong knows I can't swim, but To Sir is so charming. On the first day at work he told me, 'Chin Wa, do you have the guts to jump in?' I pounded my chest and said, 'Sure!' Then I grabbed a life preserver and jumped into the sea!" Although Jai Jai knew how to swim, because a childhood viewing of JAWS left him with a fear of the sea. Normally he would only swim in the pool, at the beach he would only walk along the coast. This time he had to jump into the sea and work with an octopus. He said, "To me it was a huge challenge, but when I took the role I knew that I had to make this scene. I was determined to overcome my fear. During the shoot with Sister Chin Wa and To Sir's encouragement I was able to succeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment