Tuesday, September 30, 2014

[2014.10.01] CHARLENE CHOI LEANS ON ANTHONY WONG FOR ROMANCE

Before this scene both Chau Sun and Ah Sa have to drink to calm their nerves
Tough guy Anthony Wong gives flowers to Ah Sa
Charlene Choi is paired with Anthony Wong again due to Lee Po Cheung's new film
courtesy of on.cc

Artist Charlene Choi Cheuk Yin and Best Actor Anthony Wong Chau Sun in the Lee Po Cheung directed film GANGSTER PAY DAY (DAI CHA FAN) played a couple with an age distance. Ah Sa stated that she had certain pressure from being paired with Chau Sun. "Playing a couple with Brother Chau Sun I of course had a lot of pressure. At first I was a little worried. Luckily his acting was amazing. As soon as he took his mark he was able to provide me with very manly and very tender look, which immediately triggered my romantic feeling."

In one romantic scene at a bar, Ah Sa needed to lean on Chau Sun's lap. The atmosphere was warm. She said, "This scene was very challenging. I had to speak to him from the heart without holding back. Before the shoot we had to drink to settle down. Chau Sun's famous good acting very easily brought me into character. Actually after the first take the director said fine, but I felt I could do even better. So I asked for another take." Chau Sun even said that shooting this romantic scene was even more difficult than shooting the fight scenes.

With his tough guy image, Chau Sun in GANGSTER played his tender side. He not only was romantic with Ah Sa but also gave flowers. He said that he and Ah Sa have already worked together on three films and had certain chemistry. He also witnessed the fruits of her years of hard work, as her acting matured. He said, "When I got the script I found out that we would play a couple. At first I was a little surprised, but I also recognized this pairing would definitely give the audience a very fresh feeling."

No comments:

Post a Comment