Wednesday, September 10, 2014

[2014.09.11] DEREK YEE SALUTES TSUI HARK

Lin Gengxin, Derek Yee and Tsui Hark finish the SWORD MASTER's final scene
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Tsui Hark produced, Derek Yee Tung Sing directed and Yuen Bun action directed 3D wu xia film SWORD MASTER (SAM SIU YEH DIK GIM) finally wrapped up production. Yee Tung Sing said that "Third Young Master" represented his life journey from age 19 to now. In the end he had to officially bid it farewell and shake off the chains of the past to begin the final five film NO ONE CAN HINDER ME directing journey.

Last Sunday the wrap shoot was Lin Gengxin's action scene, which ran until the early morning of the 8th. When the final scene was completed, everyone felt like they had a load lifted off them; Tsui Hark and Yuen Bun silently embraced, then smiled at Yee Tung Sing. The love and loyalty of men and the heroics were all unspoken. Tsui Hark said, "The fruit of my 30 years of friendship with Yee Tung Sing is all in the film." Yee Tung Sing even sentimentally expressed his appreciation of Tsui Hark. He posted on Weibo, "Tsui Hark and Hui On Wa (Ann) are my most respected directors, when I produced JULY RHAPSODY (NAM YUN SEI SUP) for Director Hui I completed my wish of working with her; I talked with Tsui Hark about SWORD MASTER for 15 full years, until today it is finally finished! I thank him for 'teaching' me 3D, special effect production without holding anything back, as well as suggestions in art and costume. If I only depend on myself, I believe I would not be able to finish this film. Here I salute the odd hero and wish Ann's GOLDEN ERA success!"

No comments:

Post a Comment