Saturday, May 17, 2014

[2014.05.18] LAU CHING WAN WANTS TO DIRECT ONCE

Alex Fong Chung Shun, Gordon Lam, Sean Lau
courtesy of mingpao.com

Sean Lau Ching Wan, Alex Fong Chung Shun and Gordon Lam Ka Tung appeared on the cable program Film Montage and talked about their new film OVERHEARD 3 (SIT TING FUNG WON 3). Ka Tung revealed that during the shoot he accidentally injured his hand and could not even tie his shoelaces.

Lau Ching Wan and Fong Chung Shun participated in OVERHEARD and OVERHEARD 2. Lam Ka Tung participated for the first time. Speaking of the actors' "land barons" image, Ching Wan joked that aside from the outstanding costumes, character shaping and performance were very important as well. "Everyone used a more trendy term on us, actually we brothers in any era and any clothes are handsome young men who work hard for their own careers." Ching Wan said that they had great chemistry. By the end of the shoot even their speaking tones were very similar." Ka Tung also said that the director and the actors built mutual trust, thus the production went very smoothly. The director also rarely said that their performance was poor and had to watch playback.

When asked about the breakthrough this time, Ka Tung joked that his was "rendering himself useless". "In one scene Fong Chung Shun had to hit me. When I fell my hand landed first. At first I didn't sense that I was hurt. After work I was in so much pain that I couldn't tie my shoelaces, then I learned that actually I had a periosteum injury. Although I am already 70 to 80% healed, I can't use too much force." Ka Tung also participated in the behind the scene work as a film producer. He said that behind the scene work was a lot of fun and even encouraged Ching Wan to try it, but Ching Wan admitted that he was not too interested. "Behind the scene work isn't my expertise, at most I would just try directing once." Fong Chung Shun also said, "I am even worse, I feel that directing and producing are very tough with a lot of responsibilities. I am better off leaving it to Ka Tung."

No comments:

Post a Comment