Sunday, April 27, 2014

[2014.04.28] DANTE LAM IS TREATED TO AN INTERNATIONAL BICYCLE RACE

Dante Lam (center) runs into Krystal Tin and Chapman To 
The Daniel Wu and Nick Cheung starred THAT DEMON WITHIN performs well at the box office
Dante Lam meets with the mayor of Udine (left) and the film festival president Sabrina (second left)
courtesy of on.cc

The Dante Lam Chiu Yin directed Emperor Motion Picture THAT DEMON WITHIN (MOR GAING) so far has made HK$12 million at the box office. The team would not be more inspired. Director Lam even took the film and the Nick Cheung Ka Fai starred UNBEATABLE (GIK JIN) to Italy for this year's Udine Far East International Film Festival.

Reportedly, the event has always been appreciated Director Lam's work and this year even added a personal exhibit. By chance Director Lam wanted to check out location for another Emperor new film TO THE FORE (POR FUNG) there, so he took out a few days to attend the film festival. The event arranged for the Mayor of Udin and the Film Festival President Sabrina to meet with him.

Director Lam yesterday said, "Although the schedule became much busier, it was a great exchange opportunity. I even watched 2 170 kilometer professional races with a first class Italian professional bicycle team, which opened my eyes to a world class race that was truly very intense and exciting."

As for To Man Chak he brought his wife Krystal Tin Yui Nei and took the chance to catch up with Director Lam. Two nights ago they attended the film festival opening ceremony and even showed support for his buddy Pang Ho Cheung's new film ABERDEEN (HEUNG GONG JAI). He said, "I was the first time I watched it on a silver screen, it was very exciting and shocking. I have known Pang Ho Cheung for 20 years, this is his best film. ABERDEEN's response was great and got a 3 minute long applause. At the party, foreign media all praised Pang Ho Cheung's film for having Hong Kong nostalgia. The directors from Hong Kong were all very loyal as everyone came to show their support. In particular (Fruit) Chan Gor after watching was very touched. He praised that it was beautifully made with attention to detail. As a part of Hong Kong film I felt proud. Foreign viewers even complimented my wife on how pretty she was, they certainly have quite an eye." Ah Jat took some time and went out with Ah Tin to look for food, the ice cream and dessert there were very memorable.

The 3D NAKED AMBITION (3D HO CHING) film poster with Ah Jat and adult video actress Tsusaka Aoi was selected for the film festival program cover. Ah Jat said, "I am very honored, the event president said that she liked our daring and innovation poster designs. To coordinate with the subject, the president even asked me if I would take off his shirt for the film promotion on the 28th. She wanted to see if I was just like on the poster. I promised her......I wouldn't because now I have been eating nonstop. I got much fatter and returned to my original shape." Ah Jat said that the biggest gains from the film festival were free drinks, free food and good movies to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment