Saturday, September 21, 2013

[2013.09.22] THE WAY WE DANCE SAVES BABYJOHN FROM POVERTY

courtesy of singtao.com
THE WAY WE DANCE has not only brought Cherry Ngan and BabyJohn praises but also more work
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Hong Kong inspirational film THE WAY WE DANCE (KONG MO PAI) has been a critical and commercial hit. Its box office broke HK$ 12 million. Earlier it even won the "Audience Award" at the Fukuoka International Film Festival. Director Adam Wong Sau Ping, producer Chan Sum Yiu, leads BabyJohn Choi Hong Yik and Cherry Ngan Cheuk Ling yesterday attended an event to celebrate their box office success. BabyJohn and Cherry pointed out that they got no bonus from the box office, but the film has brought them more offers and work. Cherry joked, "Most recently I accepted a commercial and a film. I will play a deranged character who may be the killer in an upcoming suspense."

BabyJohn took a suspense and a comedy film as he joked that he finally was no longer poor. He said, "4 or 5 years after when I was at the Academy of Performing Artist my account was HK$ 75.5 and I had to ask Ma to transfer HK$ 25.5 to me for HK$ 100 in the account before I could make a withdraw. Before making the film my account was in double digits, now I finally have steady income and could give HK$1,000 to the family. I have to thank Mama for her support all along."

Cherry has been making commercials since Form 3 so financially she was independent. Did she want a raise? She said, "It doesn't matter, as long as I have good roles to play." BabyJohn said, "It's up to the company, the character would come first. Otherwise even with a raise I would still have no offer."

No comments:

Post a Comment