Sunday, August 25, 2013

[2013.08.25] FLESH AND BLOOD CHARLENE CHOI LEARNS TO LIVE SLOWLY

Chapman To and Charlene Choi resolve their differences
Mani Fok and Charlene Choi are both co-workers and friends
Ah Sa thinks that Mani Fok deserves credit for the arrangements of her divorce press conference with Ronald Cheng
Charlene Choi has been so busy for over ten years that she has been unable to savor life
Krystal Tin, Chapman To
Chapman To is the most afriad of losing his wife
courtesy of on.cc

Chapman To Man Jat and Charlene Choi Cheuk Yin in the Emperor new film THE MIDAS TOUCH (CHIU CUP GAING LEI YUN) worked together. In real life they both belong to manager Mani Fok Man Hei, which was handy to their performance. Ah Sa recalled that after years of working with Mani, the most memorable "bomb defusing" experience was her divorce press conference with former husband Ronald Cheng Chung Kei. Ah Jat also admitted that he and Mani had days when they had difference of opinions.

C: Charlene Choi, T: Chapman To

C: To Man Jat, do you know I used to hate you very much.

T: I know, once Cheng Chung Kei and I went drinking, you kept calling. I grabbed the phone and cursed you out.

C: I used to think that your mouth was beyond foul, why would someone cross others at every second and every moment? However I forgave you because I felt that after you became a Buddhist you quit a lot of things. You even learned to change how you spoke, now I turn into worshiping you. You can honestly face yourself, others and the society. I treat you like a Hong Kong hero, now very few people can be so true.

T: After I signed with Emperor and being in the same company as you we are fine. This time we even worked together on THE MIDAS TOUCH (CHIU CUP GAING LEI YUN). Actually you and manager Mani have worked together for so many years, what was the most memorable?

C: Probably the divorce press conference. There are many company managers out there who in order to protect their own artists may attack others or each other, but I didn't want the matter to turn into an argument. Mani handled that time very well and made me feel very comfortable. Everyone grind their teeth to face it. If more troubles came from it, the days of suffering would only be longer. What about you? How do you feel about Mani?

T: Mani and I have had conflicts. I feel that honesty is important in collaborations, don't hide your personal feeling. Once she wanted me to appear on a very popular program in the Mainland, but I didn't want to go. We had a difference of opinion. I understood that she was my manager and could make me move. I saw all the ways sh used to find this opportunity for me to go. I thought if I was unwilling to go, it would be very dreary for her. Sometimes over stuff like this we would talk, with communication we were able to build a friendship.

C: Actually why would you and I become friends?

T: Your thinking is very mature, but why do people always feel I am much older than you? Maybe because you started when you were very young and had ample experience. Actually you and I are pretty close in age, only that you work 24 hours a day and I would make one movie every few years. Although you started later than me, your work rate and experience are higher than mine. I admire your high emotional quotient, you can see everything in a very gentle way. Your motto is "whatever", proving that you can understand that in this business you can be stubborn and persistent about some things. Thus you can only face it with "whatever".

C: You and I share an interest -- eating, thus we have a lot more to talk about. Actually do you have any fatal flaw that as soon as it is mentioned you would get upset?

T: I don't really have any, why would you have something that even you can accept? How would you accept working in the business then!

C: For you it's back to "whatever". The most important is how you see yourself, the most important is that you are happy. You can't control how other people see you and how happy they are. Lately I like to work out because of health. As I start to get older work accumulates, I have to train my waist. Earlier I injured it while diving, the waist itself is very weak and doesn't have a lot of muscle.

T: Because you have a second goal in life?

C: Right. Right now I want to slow down everything around me. I realize that I truly have been too busy several years earlier, I lost part of my memory and I actually didn't know where I was. I couldn't enjoy the work process, gradually I lost feeling and life. Everyday I just worked, I couldn't even taste life. Overseas there is a type of living called "slow living", which I want to learn. Instead of being like a zombie everyday, I want to have blood and flesh everyday. I am really fortunate that I have worked hard for over ten years and have some savings, and my career is in a pretty good spot. Thus I get to choose what I want to do. What about you? People say you are afraid of your wife.

T: I am not afraid, I am very afraid! This is respect. When you know if you do something you would lose your other half, how would you live with yourself afterward? It's very dreadful, when I think of that I would be very scared. Thus I would cherish and protect her. When I am afraid, I am afraid of losing her. I have to properly love and protect her, this is my goal.

C: Your wife Krystal Tin Yui Nei worships you, but you also treat your wife greatly. I have asked Ah Tin, how could you be with such a bad husband for many years? Sh said, "When he treats me well you don't get to see it." How sweet is that!

T: If you reveal stuff about me like this, I would feel very embarrassed! My wife and I met in 1999, she met m when she was a teenager. I of course brainwash her since she was little so she would think I am very talented. I made her think that I am amazing, so she would worship me.

Choi Cheuk Yin in To Man Jat's heart aside from being a kindhearted little girl actually was also a "thrifty girl". To Man Jat revealed a side of Ah Sa that few knew about, citing that as a top artist now, when she flew she often would give up first class or business class. She would only sit in her economy class in a low profile. Ah Sa admitted, "Yes, I always book cheap flights and hotels online, some travel packages are just right for me. The prices are cheap, but you have to be fast because many people would fight over cheap flights. Actually when you travel in Southeast Asia, the flight is only several hours. I don't think economy class is a problem. Being happy is the most important when you travel. Often I go with a group of friends, everyone is one of our own."

No comments:

Post a Comment