Friday, May 31, 2013

[2013.06.01] ANDY LAU STUDIES JOHNNIE TO FOR HIS ROLE

courtesy of singtao.com
Andy Lau and Sammi Cheng work on the BLIND DETECTIVE poster
courtesy of mingpao.com

Andy Lau Tak Wa and Sammi Cheng Sau Man earlier worked on the film BLIND DETECTIVE (MAN TAM)'s poster. He revealed that he secretly used Johnnie To Kei Fung's personality as a blue print for his character. He imagined that even with sight he would still be a strict director who yelled at people on the set. "Every time I play a difficult character I would find someone to study. Even To Kei Fung and Sammi don't know this secret. For every scene I asked To Kei Fung to rehearse with me, sometimes I even wanted him to say the lines ones to study his attitude and tone." Sammi looked surprised when she heard.

Sammi appreciated having a solid script, which made her performance easy. She said, " I perform with instinct, the most important is the co-star and the script. This film's script is very solid, a great platform for me to perform at ease with full force. I can give myself completely to To Sir. He wants me to be exaggerated, perform wildly, crazy but not out of control, even stronger than my past films so the scenes are more powerful and funnier!"

In addition Wa Jai's romantic scenes were not with Sammi but with Mainland actress Gao Yuanyuan. In the film Wa Jai and Gao Yuanyuan danced ballroom dances, but Wa Jai admitted during the shoot Yuanyuan stepped on his toes until they were swollen. However he did not blame Yuanyuan. "Perhaps I wasn't leading too well, from the beginning we can't quite grasp the rhythm and the speed so I kept getting stepped on."

Lau Tak Wa and Sammi changed into many different looks. Sammi held a gun and looked like a very cool cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment