Friday, September 7, 2012

[2012.09.08] RICHIE JEN WANTS TO BE IN BETTER SHAPE THAN JAY CHOU

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of takungpao.com

Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai) yesterday attended a California Fitness event. Siu Chai said that lately he was in much better shape because earlier he worked on a Taiwan film, in which he played a middle aged gay man and had to gain weight for the character. Yet during the shoot he received the fitness center's invitation to be its spokesmodel. Siu Chai said, "At the time I worried that with my shape I probably shouldn't work on the commercial, because for the film I had to maintain a big belly. Yet for the fitness commercial I had to be in a good shape. I immediately asked them to give me a two to three weeks to lose weight and get into shape. Now maybe I am not as thin as before, but I still have a six pack abdominal muscle." Siu Chai joked that he had to train until he was fitter than Jay Chou (Chow Kit Lun) before showing off his figure for everyone to enjoy.

Siu Chai said that as an actor he constantly had to change his look for his characters. For example when he made a Johnnie To Kei Fung film, he often had to look ugly. Yam Yin Chai said, "Mr. To constantly messes with my head and wants me to have a receding hair line. I said it would be very ugly in the midst of the concert. Mr. To said that the audience came to listen to songs and not to look at me. Being both a singer and an actor is truly hard, unless the movie I make makes enough money for me not to have to perform a concert. However the salary Mr. To pays me is truly too much." Siu Chai revealed that he will perform a concert in Taipei in December, he hoped to have enough time to show off his figure then. In addition, Sammi Cheng Sau Man and Andy Hui Chi On were rumored to wed. Siu Chai asked, "Is it true or not? Let me secretly ask. If it's true, I would congratulate them."

No comments:

Post a Comment