Wednesday, December 28, 2011

[2011.12.29] JAY CHOU BIDS FAREWELL TO ACTION FILMS




Dante Lam
courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

Jay Chou (Chow Kit Lun)'s first Hong Kong action film THE VIRAL FACTOR (YIK JIN) will be released in January during the Lunar New Year.  He at the same time witnessed for the first time the Hong Kong film fighting spirit, which also affected his effort.  Thus he personally performed many dangerous stunt in the film.  He also felt though that he was older and stressed that this time was the "one and only".

Chairman Chou meant that THE VIRAL FACTOR should be his final action film.  "From now on I should just stick to romance and singing in movies.  I am older, I can't."  He even admitted that he was afraid to die and would not put himself in danger again.  Working with Nicholas Tse Ting Fung this time in the film, Chairman Chou said that he only met once with director Dante Lam Chiu Yin.  After hearing the story he agreed right away.  He knew that every one of Director Lam's film challenged the limits and would have many dangerous stunts.  He said, "Finally this time I witnessed the might of Hong Kong film.  Actors personally performed almost all the dangerous stunts.  Sometimes the director would personally demonstrate them.  Even he was like that, how could I use a double?"  He remembered that in one scene he jumped from the plane.  After the
director's demonstration he hesitated for a long time before toughing it out.  After he jumped his mind went blank, leaving him completely helpless.  "This should be my bottom line, action films truly are too dangerous.  I can't help getting older now."

Chairman Chou in order to keep his mother from worrying during the shoot did not dare to call her at all.  He joked, "For the movie I dropped my idol baggage.  In the past no matter the stunt I would see if I looked bad?  Was the stunt cool enough?  Yet this time no one should be able to recognize me.  However, the director felt that this was actually the best way, I was seen completed as an escaped convict."  Although the film had two lead actresses, they did not have many scenes with him.  "One was gone as soon as I appeared, so we had no exchange at all.  Any rumor should be impossible."  He joked.

Chairman Chou later will direct the romance, the sequel to SECRET (BUT NUNG SHUET DIK BEI MUK).  Would he invite his rumored girlfriend to be his lead actress?  He joked, "I probably would look for a new comer.  I hope to be able to find a lead actress with Kwai Lun-Mei's aura."

No comments:

Post a Comment