Thursday, February 24, 2011

[2011.02.25] RICHIE JEN INJURES HIS RIGHT EYE IN A FIGHT SCENE

courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

After the New Spring, Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai) returned to Inner Mongolia to continue to work on LADY SOLDIERS OF YANG FAMILY (YEUNG MOON NUI JEUNG), but two nights ago when he worked on a fight scene to wrap up his scene, he suffered an injury to his right eye from a spear, luckily he dodged quickly and only suffered scratches on his eyelid. However his face was full of blood, scaring the director and the crew out of their wits. Later they held Siu Chai down on the ground to keep him from moving and yelled call the ambulance to send Siu Chai to the hospital. Siu Chai was afraid that he might have lost an eye.

Two nights ago Siu Chai overnight worked with a stuntman who played a soldier on a spear duel, but perhaps due to the cold climate the stunt person reacted slower as the spear went straight toward Siu Chai's right eye. At the time Siu Chai only saw darkness and pain he immediately covered up his face and screamed, "Stop stop stop." As soon as he yelled everyone rushed in. Some even excitedly and nervously held him down on the ground and told him not to move. Some screamed, "To the hospital, there's a lot of blood." Siu Chai said, "I originally only felt a little pain, but when they nervously surrounded me in a panic, I couldn't see anything clearly in the dark country location. They almost scared me to death, I thought someone bad happened. I said I was fine, but no one heard me. Some even tensely yelled at me and said that my face was full of blood, but actually it was a lot of make up blood. They couldn't tell what was real blood and what was fake blood. Later my assistant realized something happened to me, pushed away the crowd and gave me a hand up. Then I was able to calm down."

Returning to the make up tent, the assistant removed all the blood fake and real from disinfectant from his face. A clear look revealed only a slight scratch from the spear on the right eyelid, which was swollen. It was minor. In comparison to when he made SNIPER (SUN CHEUNG SAU) when his left cornea was injured, this time truly was nothing. After the final shoot, Siu Chai took a group photo with the crew who was so nervous that they almost carried him to the hospital to thank them for caring so much about him at that moment.

Reportedly Cecilia Cheung Pak Chi was unwilling to cooperate with dates to return to the shoot in Inner Mongolia, Siu Chai did not believe it to be true. However his scenes with Pak Chi have already been shot before the Lunar New Year. Siu Chai said, "Pak Chi isn't irresponsible, she is very serious at work. I believe that it is just a schedule communication problem, hopefully they will be able to compromise soon. Although this time I didn't run into her, I already prepared red pockets for her two children."

No comments:

Post a Comment