Wednesday, June 23, 2010

[2010.06.24] JET LI GIVES UP MARTIAL ART TO BE A TURTLE?

courtesy of takungpao.com

Jet Li (Lee Nin Kit)'s the film OCEAN HEAVEN was the first time in 30 years that he "gave up action for drama" and even dropped his heroic image.

In the film the Lee Nin Kit played father made a turtle shell from a bamboo basket to disguise himself as a sea turtle and swim with his autistic son. He said, "In the past I have played father roles but they were in kung fu films. This time had absolutely no martial art action and no heroism. I just played an ordinary father. I am a father myself, when I first read the script I was moved to tears; to me, I have too many martial art film chances. I frequently had over a dozen action film scripts on hand to make. I could even be selective with them. However the opposite was true for drama. As long as the director asked, I wouldn't mind dressing up like a sea turtle or whatever."

No comments:

Post a Comment