Tuesday, May 11, 2010

[2010.05.12] JOSIE HO THANKS ANITA MUI FOR GIVING HER CONFIDENCE


courtesy of on.cc

Josie Ho Chiu Yi who has been promoting her new film DREAM HOME (WAI DOR LEI AH YUT HO) two days ago on a TVB interview revealed that when she first started, her show business career was not going her way. Her first solo record was postponed time and again. Chiu Yi honestly said that at the time her family gave her "zero" support and even questioned her intentions and ordered her to leave Hong Kong.

Chiu Yi recalled what her family said, "'You are done, it's so embarrassing that no one wants you. You might as well go back to study in Canada, don't let people catch my daughter in the paper again.'" Chiu Yi did not state whether her father Stanley Ho Hung Sun or mother Nam King Ying made the statement, but she said that her family's comment did not hurt her. "Because I felt I didn't need to care, but I really didn't feel anyone's support, not one."

Chiu Yi also pointed out that at the time Anita Mui Yim Fong and Leslie Cheung Kwok Wing supported and understood her more than her family. "Mui Yim Fong once said to my sister not to mind my singing technique now, but to look at in the future when someone present an award to your sister can she accept it?" Chiu Yi also pointed out that Sister Mui at the time directly said she could accept it because she thought she was confident. Chiu Yi continued, "At the time I was present, when I heard that I wanted to cry because someone I only knew around 12 or 13 would understand me so well, why don't any of you (family) understand me?"

Chiu Yi also revealed that her mother Nam King Ying never enjoyed her movies or record and criticized her music as noise pollution and her acting as lacking inner emotions. However Chiu Yi said that her mother only pretended not to care. She said that her family maid revealed in 2004 when Chiu Yi won the Hong Kong Film Award Best Supporting Actress with NAKED AMBITION (HO CHING), Mama Ho was so nervous that she sat in front of the television the entire night and jumped with joy at the moment of Chiu Yi's victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment